Leading Edge Certification
LEC will, to the best of its ability, ensure confidentiality and privacy in regard to history, records and discussions about the people we serve. The very fact that an individual is served by LEC, Inc. must be kept private or confidential; disclosure can be made only under specified conditions, which are described below, for reasons relating to law enforcement and fulfillment of our mission. This means that CUE staff, as LEC's fiscal agent, shall not disclose any information about a person, including the fact that he or she is or is not served by our organization, to anyone outside of this organization unless authorized by the Executive Director or other authorized personnel. The principle of confidentiality must be maintained in all programs, departments, functions and activities.
- Any individual served by LEC may willingly share their certification status on the LEC Community or though any other social media - in fact, it's encouraged!
- No individual's information requested by someone outside the nonprofit will be given over the telephone. Staff is instructed to respond with the statement: "Nonprofit policy does not permit me to give out this information." That includes whether or not a person is or has been served by CUE, Inc. or LEC.
- Release-of-information forms will be explained and completed in the presence of the person about whom any information may be released, before it is released.
- No information about individuals or records will be released to state, federal or other agencies that enable the identification of any person by name, address, Social Security number or other coding procedures.
- If records are inspected by an outside agency, the individual(s) who inspect the records must be specifically authorized to do so by the Executive Director. The taking of notes, copying of records or removal of records is specifically prohibited in such cases.
- Staff will not discuss any individual's record with unauthorized individuals, whether on or off duty. All staffers are required to sign a confidentiality acknowledgment stating their responsibility and commitment in regard to client information.